Wednesday 4 March 2015

World Book Night 2015 - I'm A Giver Again!


It is three whole years since I posted this picture to my tumblr, celebrating that I had been selected a giver for World Book Night 2012. I can remember the exact day I was hearing about it. I was waking up in the back of my Dad's car after having been to a university open day. They were discussing it on the radio. A night where volunteers give out copies of one of their favourite books to promote reading? I NEEDED to be involved.
It was the first thing I did when I got back home that day. I looked it up. I applied. And I was chosen. And every year since then I have applied, and thankfully be chosen again!

This year I am giving away copies of  'If God Was A Rabbit' by Sarah Winman. This book has bene on my list to read for a long time and am really happy it's been given to me as my chosen book!

World Book Night happens every year on April 23rd. There are events organised all over, especially around cities and book shops. It is one of my favourite nights of the year and am soso happy to be involved again! I am not actually in England to pick up my books come April (the parents get that job), so I will be delaying my own WBN... but there will be more to come on this!

If you want more information about WBN, head on over to their website here.

Have you ever taken part in World Book Night?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment