Saturday 23 April 2016

On World Book Night 2016


For the past five years (I started before university!) I have been a giver as part of World Book Night. This is an event that happens every year on the 23rd April. Chosen people all over the UK give out 16 copies of one of 20 different books to their friends, families, strangers, people that don't have great access to books or don't read very often. 

The books themselves are always a special edition of the book that varies each year and can be passed on to whoever you like once you're read them or kept as a special memento. As they read on the front, these books are a gift. World Book Night is a great cause and I'm so proud to have been a part of it for so many years and to have given out so many different books.

This year my book is Whispering Shadows  by Jan-Philipp Sendker. Now I know that this is going to be a pain and probably sound, but I never read blurbs. So other than this one involves Hong Kong (where my sister used to live and part of the reason why I chose it), I know very little about it! The few books that I have however given out thus far have gone down well!

Even if you aren't directly involved, the whole motivation behind World Book Night is to get everybody reading. So wherever you are and whatever you're doing today, make some time to sit down with a cup of tea and a book. Even if it's only one chapter.
You can also find out more here.

Happy World Book Night!
xoxo