Monday 10 October 2016

On Empties | Avon - Conditioning Eye Make Up Remover Lotion


I don't normally post negative reviews as generally I only use or buy things that I have researched or know I will like. However, I got this as part of an eye set from Avon so I just kind of ended up with it! 

I really have very little positive things to say about this make up remover! Firstly, I will put a disclaimer out there that I do not like lotions. In any way shape or form. I do not like face lotions, body lotions. Anything with the word 'lotion'. Thus, seeing as this is a make up remover lotion, it was never going to be my favourite product. If lotions are your thing, then you may get on with this one!
The product itself is very thick. And despite being predominantly aimed at eye make up remover, it just is not very good. It struggles to fully remove mascara, and you have to really scrub your skin to get any form of eyeliner off. It often left the skin around my eyes very red.
Not to mention if you use a bit too much it is very uncomfortable on your eyes! It really irritated mine and would linger in them for ages after having used it. Not at all what you want from this type of product. I would also point out that I was unaware of any 'conditioning' happening, but I am always sceptical with those kinds of words!

A note on the packaging. It does come with a rubber top so that too much shouldn't come out. However mine got stuck in the lid long ago never to come back out so you just had to sort of pour it out. Due to the shape of the bottle and the consistency of the lotion it is also very hard to get out of the bottle once you get to the last drops. These are more notes for the pedantic side but they are still worth a mention! 

Overall I would definitely not recommend this. However I would never have chosen to buy it individually; it just does not fit what I like. On that note; I did lend this to my sister whenever she was at home and she didn't really have any complaints! (Apart from the pouring fiasco). 
So if you do like lotions, and you are looking for a new eye make up remover, maybe give this one a go. (It is currently only £1.50!) But if like me you prefer your cleansers and micellar waters, definitely avoid this one!

What are your thoughts?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment