Thursday 6 March 2014

My Mascara Collection


Now to be perfectly honest, to some this will look like loads, and to others absolutely nothing. In my opinion, it is quite a lot, but what can I say? At the time of writing this, I have also realised that it is in fact missing two from it, so there we go. What girl doesn't need 12 mascaras?

From left to right: Soap&Glory Thick & Fast, Collection Supersize Fat Lash Mascara, Avon Sparkle Lash and Line, Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara, Avon Mega Effects Mascara,  Rimmel False Lash Affect, L'Orea Paris Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara, Seventeen doll'd up Mascara, Avon Super Shock Mascara and yes that is another Soap&Glory Thick and Fast Mascara that you can see...
I also own the Clinique High Impact Mascara and No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara. I'd forgotten about these as I wear them together and so they kind of stick together as a pair.

First and foremost, the Avon Mega Effects is the absolute bomb when it comes to mascaras. If you are yet to try this, get your hands on it now. It is a revelation in the mascara world; it looks a little scary in that it does look like a paint brush but it makes your lashes look phenomenal. All the Avon mascaras that I've used have actually been pretty good and I would definitely recommend trying them out!

The No7 Exceptional Definition I find works great as a bottom lash mascara as one side of the wand has smaller bristles (bristles? Is that even right?).

The Soap&Glory, you also cannot go wrong with; the brush is as big as my eyes!

What aren't so great is the Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara and the Collection Fat lash mascaras. They just do not work for me. The Jelly Pong Pong one I honestly had no words for. The brush is just plain weird; it doesn't make my eyelashes look good at all; and it does not come off. I had to pluck it off. It was horrendous. The Collection one can work well as a base for another mascara, but it just does not live up to it's name for me.

I hope that you found this interesting and that it gave you some ideas as to what mascaras to try! I am definitely eyeing up (see what I did there...) the Maybelline The Falsies; thank you Tanya Burr.

What are your favourite mascaras?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment