Wednesday 12 November 2014

The Kazlight Anthem is 1 Year Old!

So, (has anyone else noticed how many posts I start with 'so'?), despite having missed the official birthday of my loveylovely blog, I still need to spread the Birthday love to everyone.

I had been planning this post for a while; essentially I just want to talk about the reasons why I started The Kazlight Anthem and just have a little emosh moment with you all. 

In my second term of first year, The Kazlight Anthem officially started. And I don't mean the blog that you are currently reading today. I'm sure if you wanted to put the effort and time in, you could easily find the original Kazlight Anthem, but you will see some horrendous Paint-made posts and webcam-taken photos. It was also very shortlived.
Not long after starting this first blog, appendicitis hit (as well as a whole host of other things), and I was bed bound for the next 6 weeks or so. I had to go back home and could barely do anything. My motivation for anything was extremely low and I slept pretty much all the time. Thus the blog dwindled out, yet my passion for reading blogs only grew. 

Then in November of 2013, The Kazlight Anthem was reborn! Now, aside from my wish to really blog this time around and keep it going, there were actually a whole host of other reasons for why I started to really and truly blog.
I was really unhappy. Second year of university was, I honestly believe, one of the hardest and worst years of my life. This is for a myriad of reasons, which I won't go into detail about, but looking back on that time now I feel like a completely different person to how I felt then. Reading blogs, and watching youtube videos was not only of the things that I found comforting, but it was one of the only things which made me happy at this point. (To give you some perspective, and to make it not sound like I was just being a wet blanket; at a house party, one of my housemates took me to one corner, sat me down and just said to me that I really wasn't happy and should just go home for a bit. This was also a fairly common feeling for second years.)
And so I thought I would give back to the blogging community what it gave me; a place where I could be myself and really enjoy it. And I truly believe that starting this blog was one of the best decisions I have ever made. 
It may have meant that I will spend more money on make up and beauty products than food, and that sometimes you have to take a photo then and there in the good light, or that you have to sacrifice some sleep to get your post up for the best time in all time zones that read your blog, but ultimately, it is all worth it. Because at the end of the day, I am part of a wonderful, ever growing and ever changing community which means a small part of the world to me. If that's possible.

To thank you all for having gotten through this post...I would like to share some of the aforementioned poor quality photos. Mainly for the sheer fun of it and just so you can see how The Kazlight Anthem has changed over time.
So without further ado...enjoy.





All photos from The Kazlight Anthem Circa. 2012

And with that, thank you all again for reading and following and being the lovely people that you are. I hope you enjoyed this post and are having a lovely week!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment