Saturday 11 October 2014

Why Rose Gold is so Great


Let's just think about it for a moment. Pretty much everyone loves anything and everything rose gold. (Still having dreams about those Zoeva brushes...) And whilst staring at my Autumnal nails, red base with rose gold glitter chunks over the top, it hit just hit me why exactly rose gold is just so great.

Red and gold are such a brilliant combination. However not only do they definitely say Autumn, but they most definitely say Christmas. The two colours compliment each other extremely well (I could go into the colour theory here as to why...but I shall resist!) and rose gold is essentially an all-year-round version of this great combo.
Rose gold is a slightly reddish-pink toned gold. Thus it's already got that great combination of colours, but with the pink understones in there, it works for every season. And, everything!! And boy am I glad that it does. Let's face it; would the Naked 3 palette have sold so many if it hadn't been in a rose gold tin? With a rose gold brush? I doubt it. 

So to whoever who came up with rose gold, I take my hat off to you. (Quite literally; I just got in from a grill shift. Don't ask). 

All hail the beauty that is rose gold!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment